Message Title: The Coming Age of the Holy Spirit
Joel 2:28-32, Acts 2
- Tucked between the judgments in the book of Joel is the promise of a special age of the Holy Spirit falling on all mankind.
- The age of the Holy Spirit is the age of the supernatural.
- The greatest supernatural event is a changed
- Are you one of those born-again Christians? ________
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- Read Joel 2:28-32. What do you think the Jewish people in the time of Jesus thought about this section of Scripture?
- As a New Testament saint, what do you think about this section of Scripture? How have you experienced the Holy Spirit in your life?
- Read Acts 2:1-13. If you were seeing this, how do you think you would have reacted?
- Read Acts 2:14-36. How do you think Peter felt as he stood up to speak to this crowd?
- When you read Peter’s first sermon, what impresses you the most?
- Read Acts 2:37-39. How would you put Peter’s answer in your own words to explain what is involved to become a Christian?
- Read Ephesians 1:13. When did this happen in your life?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?