Message Title: Dishonoring Our Faithful God
- Malachi is like God’s good-bye letter.
- Malachi is a book of God’s grievances to His people before He goes silent.
What can we learn from God in Malachi?
- Be careful who your spiritual leaders are.
- When we ignore and forget the faithfulness of God in our lives, He gets upset.
- When we begin to blame God for all our problems, He gets upset!
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- Read Malachi 1. How would you describe the tone of God in this chapter? What would you say are some of the biggest mistakes that God’s people have made from reading this chapter? Have you made any of these mistakes in your life?
- Have you ever had to sit someone down that you love and give them tough love? (speaking truth to them in a forceful tone regarding what they were doing wrong and what the consequences of their course would be?) If so, how was the outcome?
- How would you say has God shown his love for you over the years of your life?
- Read verses 6-8. When was the last time you felt disrespected? How do you think we dishonor and disrespect God today?
- Read Isaiah 65:1-3. What do these verses tell you about the heart of God? How do you think we are guilty of this today as a people? Do you think God has ever felt this way about you? Please share.
- Was there ever a time in your life when you blamed God for your problems instead of you? If yes, why do you think you did that?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?