Message Title: Wearying the Almighty God
Malachi 2:17; 3:1-7
- People who constantly complain, weary people around them. (Malachi 2:17; Proverbs 19:13)
Who is coming to answer their accusations of His character?
- The Lord God Himself! (Malachi 3:1-5)
What is the mission of the Messiah?
- To purify the evil of mankind.
- His First Coming deals with the cleaning of sin. (Malachi 2:2-4)
- With His First Coming, He brings grace, cleansing, and forgiveness. (Malachi 2:2-4; John 3:16; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23)
- To judge the evil of mankind.
- With His Second Coming, He brings justice to human evil. (Malachi 2:5)
If we weary the Lord, why does He put up with us?
- God is true to Himself. (Malachi 3:6)
- God is familiar with our ways. (Malachi 3:7)
Follow-up Questions from Sunday’s Message:
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
- Read Malachi 2:17; 3:1-7. What do you learn about God from these verses?
- Do you think you have ever wearied the Lord? If so, how? How did the Lord respond?
- Read Malachi 3:1-4. Who does God say is coming to His people? What does God say this person will do? 400 years later Jesus came. Who did He say He was and what did He come to do? Do you find this miraculous? Why or why not?
- Read Malachi 3:5. What does God say He is going to do to people that don’t fear Him? What do you think it means to fear the Lord? Why do you think that is so important to Him?
Taking it Home:
What is one thing you can apply to your life from this message and how can this group remember you in prayer this week?